Keep colouring based on modularity class constant over time

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
keuchenius8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Keep colouring based on modularity class constant over time

Post by keuchenius8 » 29 May 2014 10:03

Hi there!

In short: How to find a community structure in the final network (endtime) and see the evolution of THESE communities over time, without loosing the partitioning and ability to edit the colours a bit?

After running the modularity statistic, finding community and colouring them, I like to see the evolution of THESE communities over time. However, when I now run the timeline the modularity classes automatically change and hence to partitioning and colours change as well. Is there a way to fix these partitions and colours?

Thanks a lot!!!
Annna Keuchenius

diddyxn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Keep colouring based on modularity class constant over t

Post by diddyxn » 29 May 2014 12:26

I do not think that you can fix these parameters. Whenever you will use the modularity algorithm, it will automatically generates new colors and partitions since it depends of the attribute values set in datalab view and has a randomizeColor function.