Dynamic edge weight based on timeline

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anwari.ilman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dynamic edge weight based on timeline

Post by anwari.ilman » 26 Apr 2014 11:34

Hi, is it possible to have dynamic edge weight in dynamic graph in Gephi?

Let's say i have two nodes, A and B. The relation between these two nodes only presence for three times over the course of one month: in the first week, third week, and fourth week. I have successfully showed dynamic edges by creating a GEXF file with spells. But is it possible to assign edge weight by counting the number of spells covered by a given timeframe?

So if my timeline covers the first two weeks, the edge weight should be 1. If it covers the last two weeks, the weight should be 2. And if it covers the whole month, then the weight should be 3.

Anyone has any idea how to do it?

gaurav
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dynamic edge weight based on timeline

Post by gaurav » 16 Jun 2014 10:53

Even I am looking for the same. Basically I want to age out attributes like edge weight based on a given aging rate.
Lets say we have two nodes A and B. Over the time we will observe many interaction events/transactions between these two nodes.
We can consider each event contributing to edge with certain weight and age out rate. From this we can derive dynamic weight of edge as function of time.