Altering Edge Weight

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wb5666
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Altering Edge Weight

Post by wb5666 » 30 Jan 2014 14:35

Hi,

I have imported my data from excel with averages for each of the edge weights, the problem is that the averages are quite similar in numerical value and hence difficult to easily distinguish between them at a glance. I was ideally hoping to make the ones with the higher values much thicker and easier to view, yet I am struggling with this, as I have yet to find a way around or a tutorial which tackles this problem.

If anyone could give any advice on where to look/the next step, then I would be much obliged.

Thanks in advance,

Will

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Altering Edge Weight

Post by seinecle » 04 Feb 2014 17:10

Hi,
In my experience edge weights should scale between 0 and 10 (roughly) to get strength which keeps the graph in shape (not too tight, not too expanded). For finer values, you could color your edges according to their weight, in which case the ranking panel gives you a "spline" feature, convenient to emphasize weaker or stronger values. You'll find the "spline" feature directly in the ranking panel.

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable