Help with Dynamic Data

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
VSJFjake
Help with Dynamic Data

Post by VSJFjake » 06 Aug 2013 22:44

I'm trying to create a dynamic graph of a network with 6 working groups that meet quarterly. My first test with one of the working groups is not working. Can someone look at the attached data and help me with getting it to work dynamically--it's still in the works but when I run Force Atlas nothing displays and I imagine its because I don't have the data formatted correctly. I've had luck with static graphs but not dynamic and just can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.

Basically, I want to show who attends each meeting, and have the edges be dynamically weighted as well such that if someone attends two meetings (three etc.) with another person whose attendance coincides with theirs the edge will reflect that. There will be times where there are breaks between attendance, such that a person may only be at the first meeting, or the first and the fifth, whereas others attend all of the meetings.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
Farm to Plate Land Access Network Map.gephi
(8.25KiB)Downloaded 199 times

VSJFjake

Re: Help with Dynamic Data

Post by VSJFjake » 09 Aug 2013 04:58

Figured it out. Now creating the data in excel and importing it into Gephi--realized doing it that is much easier to manage.

One question though. What is the correct way to format dynamic edge weights in excel. I'm not using dates, but rather arbitrary numbers; so 1=first meeting, 2=second meeting, and so on. In my spreadsheet it is set-up as <[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]>. Should it be <[1.0, 1.0, 1]>?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Help with Dynamic Data

Post by eduramiba » 14 Aug 2013 15:59

VSJFjake wrote:Figured it out. Now creating the data in excel and importing it into Gephi--realized doing it that is much easier to manage.

One question though. What is the correct way to format dynamic edge weights in excel. I'm not using dates, but rather arbitrary numbers; so 1=first meeting, 2=second meeting, and so on. In my spreadsheet it is set-up as <[1.0, 1.0, 1.0]>. Should it be <[1.0, 1.0, 1]>?
Hi,
You can use numbers for whatever measure.
Also, you can use any of these formats. If the column is dynamic float/double, 1 will be converted to 1.0.

Eduardo

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable