graphml time frames and dynamic edge attributes

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
manuhalo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
graphml time frames and dynamic edge attributes

Post by manuhalo » 15 Jul 2013 13:32

Hi,
I have several time-evolving graphml snapshots of a graph generated by my application, and I'm trying to import them into a single time line in Gephi. The nodes and edges of the graph do not change, but the edge attributes do - it's a traffic simulation and I'm trying to create an animated heat map of the link status.
If I import a single snapshot as a graph everything works nicely; however, when I try to follow the instruction at https://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Import ... atic_files all the edge attributes but the weight are removed (i.e. appear as empty columns in the data table view).

Just to clarify, all the prerequisites stated in the tutorial are met:
[*] My node identifiers are exactly the same between the files.
[*] It's not GEXF, so the second shouldn't apply (I assume?)
[*] There is no previous graph in the workspace when I start importing Time Frame
[*] Attribute columns are the same in all files.

Any help with this?
Thanks in advance!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: graphml time frames and dynamic edge attributes

Post by eduramiba » 24 Jul 2013 19:10

Hi,
I'm not sure about this, but is it possible that you have a new empty project open?
If so, try opening the files without any project at all.

Eduardo