Visualize Contact Traces

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
albadmin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Visualize Contact Traces

Post by albadmin » 30 Apr 2013 20:34

Hello,

for research purposes I wanted to use Gephi to visualize and inspect the dynamic evolution of some human contact traces.

Is this possible ?

To provide more info about the format: for each pair of nodes I have the intervals they are in contact with each other.

Thank You in advance.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Visualize Contact Traces

Post by eduramiba » 01 May 2013 19:51

Hi,
That's perfectly possible.
Your edges would have the time interval.

Check this https://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Import_Dynamic_Data
Other similar example for gdf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKYku8b60Dc

Eduardo

albadmin

Post by albadmin » 02 May 2013 02:33

Thank you for the response,

I managed to format the trace i had in the required format as specified in the link you gave me.
To be concise:
" The dynamic graph is composed of the node declaration part: node_id and label,
and the edge/connections part where i specify the start and end time.
The nodes are in the trace the entire time, in gephi terminology they have a lifetime of -+ infinity,
while the edges should come and go as dictated by the time intervals "

Unfortunately, the timeline is not working as i should and i cannot tell why this is happening ?

Any insight ?

Again thnx.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 02 May 2013 22:13

Hi,
Can you share your files and followed steps?

Eduardo

albadmin

Post by albadmin » 03 May 2013 21:31

Below is the format of the source data trace:

TimeInstant #Node_x #Node_y EventType={Connection} Value={0, 1},
where TimeInstant is expressed in seconds and starts from 0.
For example:
12 12 13 Conn 1 - meaning a connection was established
18 12 13 Conn 0 - meaning the connection is down
Connections are symmetric, meaning the graph is undirected.

The corresponding gephi:

<nodes>
<node id="12" label="12"/>
<node id="13" label="13"/>
</nodes>
<edges>
<edge source="12" target="13" start="12" end="18"/>
</edges>

I there anything wrong ?

Thnx in advance

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 14 May 2013 23:41

Hi,
Remember to correctly structure the whole gexf file, also declaring it as dynamic.
I attach a correct gexf file for your network.

Eduardo
Attachments
graph.gexf
(775Bytes)Downloaded 163 times