Dynamic statistics

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bksurfer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dynamic statistics

Post by bksurfer » 18 Dec 2012 23:47

Hi,

I'm not sure if the dynamic stats are working correctly... specifically, the dynamic # edges seems strange. For example, when I generate the dynamic graph example, the network typically starts near empty, grows as nodes and edges are added, then slowly disappears back to nothing. Running the dynamic # nodes stat (over the full timeline), it properly shows a bell-like curve that goes up, hovers a bit, then drops.

But when I run the # edges stat, it always starts with the max # of edges, followed by a sudden drop to 0. Shouldn't the curve be the same as with nodes? Or am I misinterpreting the results?

For reference, after generating the dynamic graph example, I enable timeline, then click "run" for the dynamic # nodes using window size 1, tick 1, and the same parameters for # edges.

Thanks in advance.

bksurfer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dynamic statistics

Post by bksurfer » 21 Dec 2012 20:27

Through some trial-and-error'ing, I think I figured it out. The edges need to have a time interval column, just like the nodes. The random dynamic graph auto generates one for nodes, but only creates dynamic weights for the edges.