Animation smoother with mouse staying in "graph" window?

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gryang11
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Animation smoother with mouse staying in "graph" window?

Post by gryang11 » 05 Jul 2012 09:50

Hi, me again.

3 questions.

1. When I play dynamic animation, I find that the animation appears smoother when I put my mouse in the "graph" window. To be more specific, when the mouse stays in the "graph" window, the animation becomes continuous, otherwise it appears intermittent, just like a combination of some discrete frames. Is it a general case or special case?

2. Are there any hot keys? For example, hot key for the play button.

3. When I run 2 exactly identical dynamic network in 2 machines, the animations are quite different. When I run the network in a desktop equipped with AMD Phenom II X4 B97 (4 CPUs) and 4G ram, the reaction of animation is relatively slow. For example, the data set indicates that edge "0" should show up at time "0", but actually, edge "0" shows up at time "5" in the animation. On the other hand, in my laptop with Intel i5 2520m (2 CPUs) and 8G ram, the reaction of animation is much faster, say, edge "0" will show up at time "1", or even at exactly time "0". This difference will be enlarged when I deal with large network. Does hardware really make such big difference?

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable