Methods to Generate gexf Files?

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gryang11
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Methods to Generate gexf Files?

Post by gryang11 » 20 Jun 2012 10:00

Hi,

I'm wondering whether there exist methods to generate gexf files from data stored in other formats. For example, I would like to use R to generate a txt file containing the time of birth and death of every node, which are stored as 2 columns in the file. Then how can I transform this file into gexf file?

Thanks in advance!

cezar_1
Gephi Core Developer

Re: Methods to Generate gexf Files?

Post by cezar_1 » 27 Jun 2012 16:24

Save this file as *.csv file and load it in Gephi. Then you can export this graph to *.gexf.

g.vegayon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Methods to Generate gexf Files?

Post by g.vegayon » 02 Jan 2013 14:49

Dear all,

I've just saw this post but still I think you should note that there is a R package to work generate (and in its next version read) gexf files (including dynamics and attributes), rgexf http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rgexf/.

The next days I'll be sending the newer version to CRAN which will support reading gexf files + viz attributes

Cheers!

George
george.vega [at] nodoschile.org