GEXF in Matlab, then transfer to Gephi

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chockham
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GEXF in Matlab, then transfer to Gephi

Post by chockham » 24 Nov 2011 11:31

Hi. I am new to Gephi and am still not quite sure where (i.e. which program) I can write my GEXF code to then be imported into Gephi. I use Matlab to create my data so ideally I would like to create my GEXF file in Matlab. I have seen many examples of GEXF files and I (think) I can understand the language but I don't know whether it is possible to write a GEXF format in Matlab, save the file (in which format?) and then import the Matlab file (written in GEXF) into Gephi. Help!!

Thank you in advance.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GEXF in Matlab, then transfer to Gephi

Post by eduramiba » 24 Nov 2011 19:23

Hi, you should be able to write a GEXF file in any language with your data (manually).

But, since gexf is xml you can use some available matlab functions for xml like this http://www.mathworks.es/help/techdoc/ref/xmlwrite.html

Eduardo