[SOLVED] Dynamic position of nodes

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: [SOLVED] Dynamic position of nodes

Post by mbastian » 27 Oct 2011 16:23

1) How can I capture the scroll and enlargement event of the timeline in my layout plugin? This will allow me to change the position of the nodes while i scroll the timeline.
You can register an event listener to the DynamicController.

The event DynamicModelEvent.VISIBLE_INTERVAL is triggered when the timeline window is modified.

lucaciav
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by lucaciav » 31 Oct 2011 11:03

thanks mbastian

I remain just that:
"2) can I set a background to my workspace in gephi? I would like to put the image of a map (the map of my university)"

can i know the form in the code of gephi where i can modify the visualization of the graph?

http://imageshack.us/f/854/stampgephi.jpg/

I can not find it

Hello everyone and Happy Halloween

derRob

Post by derRob » 09 Feb 2012 16:47

Hi,
how have you solved the Problem?

I have a very similar problem now. I also have the node coordinates as attributes of the nodes (dynamic floats) and want to be able to scroll through the timeline with the nodes-positions changeing.

So far I have written a layout that does the job. My problem is the layout update upon changing the visible interval. I tried without success:

A) allways respond true from canAlgo() -> leads to very high CPU load.
B) same as A but with a wait time when layout is done -> still high CPU load and layout reacts very slowly
C) register the layout as an event listener to the DynamicController and return true from canAlgo() after initial layout was done. -> low CPU load and layout is changed upon timeline changes. BUT there is no possibility to stop the layout (unregister it from DynamicController)

any suggestions?