Dynamic attribute aggregation

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zangend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dynamic attribute aggregation

Post by zangend » 04 Oct 2011 21:45

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to visualize web traffic over time. I have many time-stamped link clicks and want to build a dynamic graph where:
-Nodes represent websites
-Edges are directed and represent links from one website to another.

For any given time window, I want:
-Node sizes proportional to the in-degree of the node over the time window (ie, the number of people referred to the website over that time interval)
-Edges size proportional to the number of people who clicked on that link

I have looked over both gephi and gexf documentation and am not sure how to do this in the current frameworks, which only allow different values for things like size at specific times. However, what I want are values equal to the sum of attributes over arbitrary timewindows. One solution would be to pre-compute dynamic attributes like 'clicks over last 10 days', 'clicks over last 20 days' which would then give a dynamic graph over a fixed-width timewindow, but this seems hackish and does not allow easy comparison between different width timewindows. Any help would be much appreciated!

thehelt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dynamic attribute aggregation

Post by thehelt » 06 Oct 2011 13:32

sounds like a job for a spigot or an importer. Take a look at the email spigot and at the Generator Plugin.