[SOLVED] GEXF file won't load

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryanne
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] GEXF file won't load

Post by Ryanne » 22 Sep 2011 14:07

Hi everyone,

I have been experimenting with dynamic visualisation of @reply/retweet networks and manage to do this:
http://vimeo.com/29327882
With the help of the tutorials on MappingOnlinePublics and with the tool YourTwapperKeeper.

However, I want to do this without YourTwapperKeeper because this gives me more flexibility in terms of scraping peoples timeline. I ended up with a csv file (without the help of YourTwapperKeeper) consisting of the text of the tweet, the user_from (screenname) and the unix timestamp. This was than processed using two Gawk scripts from [url=http://www.mappingonlinepublics.net/201 ... r-to-gexf/]MappingOnlinePublics
which resulted into a networkedges.csv file and a replynetwork.gexf file.

My file:
http://rlturenhout.net/replynetwork.gefx

On the surface there seems nothing wrong with the gexf file (no empty sources or targets) but it just won't load into Gephi 0.8. No error messages pop-up either.

The message.log says this:

Code: Select all

Classes: loaded=5428 total loaded=5428 unloaded 0
INFO [org.netbeans.core.ui.warmup.DiagnosticTask]: Total memory 8,589,934,592
INFO [null]: Total physical memory 8,589,934,592
WARNING [org.openide.filesystems.Ordering]: Not all children in Menu/Window/ marked with the position attribute: [TimelineAction.shadow], but some are: [ClusteringAction.shadow, ContextAction.shadow, DataTableAction.shadow, org-netbeans-modules-favorites-View.shadow, FiltersAction.shadow, GraphAction.shadow, HierarchyAction.shadow, LayoutAction.shadow, PartitionAction.shadow, PreviewAction.shadow, PreviewSettingsAction.shadow, RankingAction.shadow, StatisticsAction.shadow, WelcomeAction.shadow, Separator3.instance, CloseWindowAction.shadow, MaximizeWindowAction.shadow, org-netbeans-core-windows-actions-UndockAction.shadow, Separator4.instance, Separator4_1.instance]
setWindowAlpha(): To avoid content dragging, setWindowAlpha() must be called before the window is realized, or apple.awt.draggableWindowBackground must be set to Boolean.FALSE before the window is realized.  If you really want content dragging, set apple.awt.draggableWindowBackground on the window's root pane to Boolean.TRUE before calling setWindowAlpha() to hide this message.
WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/org_gephi_branding_desktop_update_center.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url
WARNING [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateproviders.AutoupdateCatalogFactory]: Services/AutoupdateType/org_gephi_branding_desktop_update_center_1.instance: url_key attribute deprecated in favor of url
I'm on Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM 1067 MHz DDR3. Using the latest version of Gephi with the latest updates installed.

Can anyone help me load the gexf file?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GEXF file won't load

Post by admin » 22 Sep 2011 14:29

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's that, but dont use both start/end xml-attributes and slices. Btw, this is called "spells" now. Spells are useful to describe complex appearances and disappearances.

There are also some errors in the dynamics, like the edge of source="liekem" and target="Karin1503". It ends at 1650333 but has an attribute value starting at 1898578.

Ryanne

Re: GEXF file won't load

Post by Ryanne » 22 Sep 2011 21:03

Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Turns out my original data was corrupt. I thought that I had fixed the problems, but I didn't. Finally manage to clean the data and make a proper gexf file. It works now! Your answer did provide me a clue as to where to look in the original data, the timestamps were off.

yufikan

Re: [SOLVED] GEXF file won't load

Post by yufikan » 26 Nov 2011 02:21

Hi Ryanne,

I'm following up exactly the same steps and apparently I'm not as luck as you are. Since I've a very limited knowledge of xml except that I can at least understand what I read, I may need your help. Can you explain how you've transformed the gefx file into its new and compatible format? I'm also wondering what if I downgrade Gephi and try to run the current gefx file; do you think that it works?

Thanks,