Dynamic Playback

Evolution and dynamics on networks in Gephi: UI, data formats, algorithms...
meinstream
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dynamic Playback

Post by meinstream » 04 Apr 2010 17:56

Hi there,

I imported a dynamic graph via .gexf

I can manipulate the view with the timeline, but is there a way to start a "playback" with gephi 0.7?

Thanks

jbilcke
Gephi Core Developer

Re: Dynamic Playback

Post by jbilcke » 04 Apr 2010 18:52

Hi,
do you mean a "play button" to move the timeline accordingly, like a movie?

Being in charge of the timeline filter, I am indeed working on adding this kind of playback controller.

I hope to have it released for the next version of Gephi, but it will probably available for beta testers before this date.

meinstream
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by meinstream » 05 Apr 2010 08:39

Great, thanks...

I hope I can help beta test this feature.

There are some introduction videos for dynamic networks that look pretty cool an mature. Are these features just not implemented yet, or did I just not find them?

Cheers,
Michael

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 05 Apr 2010 09:42

Hi,

Which features do you talk about? The video shows only implemented ones 8-)

meinstream

Post by meinstream » 05 Apr 2010 10:24

http://vimeo.com/2035117

...this Video shows how a dynmaic graph builds up (in 3d), but I couldn't find a function for that :)

Cheers

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 05 Apr 2010 13:08

We just loaded this dynamic graph and played with the timeline.

meinstream

Post by meinstream » 06 Apr 2010 11:15

Hi there,

yes, but by just "playing" with the timeline in the overview tab, I'm not able to get those visual results like in the dynamic demo video, am I right? That looks more like something sophisticated on the preview tab...

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 06 Apr 2010 23:21

Yes you're right it was a slightly different device. At that time I made a plugin to load a GEXF file incrementaly, with 50 nodes per second or something like this. The aim was to simulate incoming data through external datasource to test our code. This plugin was done for 0.6 version and is therefore not working anymore in the new architecture.

You want to achieve some scripting for a demo or something ? We could help you to make a Gephi plugin for doing that I think.

meinstream

Post by meinstream » 12 Apr 2010 20:00

Hi Bastien,

even if this feature is not implemented yet, it looks pretty cool.

I am working on a conference presentation right now and would really like to ad an animation like this. So if there are any plans for implementing this in the near future, i'd be totally happy.

Although, I don't have the time my self right now to help developing a plugin right now.

Looking forward...

Cheers

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 12 Apr 2010 22:04

I'm interested about what you achieve with Gephi, post it on this forum or by sending me an email if you like.

Julian was working on this for the Timeline component, I don't know how far he went but we can expect a Play button on the Timeline sooner or later.