Actions/hooks on filter queries

Discussion about future features
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Actions/hooks on filter queries

Post by admin » 04 Nov 2010 16:00

Hi,

I raise a need to apply specific colors or sizes to a sub-graph filter by a sub-query, and another color to another sub-query. Tools are great but juggling with selected elements at different times on the process is a pain.

I propose to think about a "hook" system to attach specific actions to a (sub-)query like setting colors and size, and not only on toggling visibility of nodes and edges.

Hooks could also use (or not) the values of the current query, e.g. applying a color gradient corresponding to a degree distribution.

As two sub-queries may cover a same part of the graph, the last executed query has priority.

What do you think about such a system? I really need this kind of feature.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable