GEXF 1.2 draft is out!

All questions about the GEXF (see http://gexf.net before)
admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GEXF 1.2 draft is out!

Post by admin » 29 Nov 2010 01:57

Dear Gephi community,

The GEXF 1.2draft version is out: http://gexf.net/format/history.html

Following some discussions on the forum, it improves the support of dynamical networks. Visualization attributes are also dynamic now.

Note that this version will only be supported in Gephi 0.8.

Please let me know if you disagree on some point, or want to discuss more about the changes. :)

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GEXF 1.2 draft is out!

Post by mbastian » 29 Nov 2010 02:27

Great job, that makes the changes we did on dynamic network more official, and congratulations for that.

Could you however list what changes are already implemented in the 0.7beta? Or on the contrary say what will be in the 0.8 only, as actually most of the changes are already in 0.7beta. Thanks.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 29 Nov 2010 12:35

Graph structure:
* The node "label" attribute is now optionnal. New!
* <meta> should be placed before <graph> New!

Dynamics:
* Rename the "timetype" attribute in to "timeformat". This attribute is set on <graph> to specify how time information is encoded, either like a date or like a double.
* The "timeformat" is currently either float or date and default value is date. The float type is replaced by double, and is now the default value.
* Added "timeformat" types: integer and xsd:dateTime. DateTime is equivalent to timestamps. New!
* Add open intervals (non-inclusive): "startopen" and "endopen" attributes.
* <slices> and "slice" are renamed <spells> and "spell" correspondingly. New!

Viz:
* Add viz attributes support for dynamics. New!
* Add the alpha channel to RGB. Colors are now encoded in RGBA. It is a float from 0.0 (invisible) to 1.0 (fully visible). If omitted, the default alpha-value is 1.0 (no transparency). New!

Lueffy

Post by Lueffy » 29 Nov 2010 17:48

Wouldn't it be nice to also add some geotagging optionnal attribute to make sure everyone can handle geolayout correctly ?
This way, the definition for xsd:gpscoordinate would be definitive and avoid multiple concurrent versions.
As for anything else, it is a great job!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 24 Jan 2011 14:22

Just a comment:

It would be nice if the primer detailed a bit more how viz attributes should be declared as dynamic attributes (is it a declaration like any other attributes, or does being "viz:" attributes change anything in the declaration?

Best,

Clement

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 24 Jan 2011 14:23

Also,

May I ask whether the list of the features of the primer implemented in 0.7beta is published anywhere? That would save many questions on this forum!

(ex: is the "spells" feature already implemented?)

Thx!

Best,

Clement

galwarion

Post by galwarion » 19 Mar 2011 22:05

I have the same request please. It would be nice to know which features of GEXF are implemented. And also would like to know if spell is implemeted? Because I found in this forum that slices arent implemented? I m right?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 20 Mar 2011 14:24

Everything is implemented on Gephi 0.8alpha but the dynamic viz attributes, which requires deeper changes inside Gephi.

galwarion

Post by galwarion » 20 Mar 2011 14:36

Awsome, viz attributes arent important for me. So I will try to run Gephi 0.8a from source. Or maybe I can afford a bold question. When 0.8 will be released please?

kanagaraj

Post by kanagaraj » 14 Mar 2012 06:55

hi,
is it possible for us give colour attributes for edges used in gexf format to visualize in gephi???....i searched a lot for it :( will u pls direct me to get that?