[OK] starting to work on StAX for loading GEXF

All questions about the GEXF (see http://gexf.net before)
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jmcampanini
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[OK] starting to work on StAX for loading GEXF

Post by jmcampanini » 15 Jul 2010 21:59

Gephi,

I'm looking to work on the gephi project to help work on the StAX GEXF File loader.

I've written a Java Library for GEXF file creation:
http://jmcampanini.posterous.com/gexf4j ... ta-support

What is the first thing I need to do to get to work on the gephi project? Is there a code repository available? Maybe a set of instructions to get the project loaded on my machine?

I currently use Eclipse on OSX for my java development work.

Thanks,
javi

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: starting to work on StAX for loading GEXF

Post by mbastian » 15 Jul 2010 22:56

Hi! Happy to hear that ;) and thank you for your work on the library!

You can get the code bu following these steps: Checkout code and Configuring NetBeans. As we are built on top of the Netbeans Platfrom, you can't use Eclipse.

Then you can have a look in the different modules (double-click to open the modules) and see source code. Go to ImportPlugin to find the GEXF parser and ExportPlugin for the writer.

The GEXF parser is currently already rewritten using StAX, and the work is almost finished. However you could be working on the GEXF writer using StAX. That would be a great help! What do you think ?

Tell us if you have an issue with building the code.