gexf4j

All questions about the GEXF (see http://gexf.net before)
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
korhaga
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gexf4j

Post by korhaga » 15 Aug 2012 11:09

Hi
I'm unsure where to post my questions, ignore, move or delete this thread if it's at a completely wrong place.
I'm combining crawler4j and gexf4j to create graphs of websites where nodes are pages and links are the edges.

Now to my questions:
- Why isn't it possible to create parallel edges? (Is this because it's not in the standard of gexf1.2, or because gephi doesn't support it? I couldn't find out)
- As I'm crawling a page, I need to connect the pages(nodes) with links(edges), the only way to add a new edge to the graph is by using Node.connectTo(String, Node), am I right? But sometimes it could be necessary to connect a node which doesn't exist by now (In my case when the target page isn't crawled yet, So I create dummy nodes which are later on filled with infos. Again that leads to another problem as it doesn't seem possible to me to easily get a node from the graph. Shouldn't there be something like Graph.getNodeById(id) ?)

I got around those problems by creating the according methods, and am willing to commit those to the repository, but would appreciate if the maintainer would have a look at it first. Or maybe it's like that by design and I don't understand it.

Regards

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: gexf4j

Post by admin » 15 Aug 2012 11:26

Hi,

I advise you put your questions on the github issue tracker of gexf4j: https://github.com/francesco-ficarola/gexf4j

metapost

Re: gexf4j

Post by metapost » 28 Nov 2012 05:22

Did you get the answer? I also encountered same question, and I have to search the graph to get the node by its ID or lable.

I did't find the post on that link in github mentioned by following post, so I asked here again.