[SOLVED] Gexf not supported?

All questions about the GEXF (see http://gexf.net before)
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hahmlet
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Gexf not supported?

Post by hahmlet » 31 Mar 2012 04:22

Hi there,

I clicked on the airline gexf file from the tutorial, it opened up, and I right clicked and did "save as." Saved it to my desktop. then I go into Gephi to open it and it doesn't appear on my desktop until I switch to "all file types" viewing. I double click and a window pops up saying "Impossible to find a Compatible Importer. The file format is not supported. Check file's extension."

How do you open gexf files in Gephi?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gexf not supported?

Post by admin » 31 Mar 2012 13:09

Hi, if you use "Save As" you will export a .gephi file, not a .gexf.

hahmlet

Re: Gexf not supported?

Post by hahmlet » 31 Mar 2012 19:35

Okay!

I was able to eventually solve the issue by going into winrar and changing the name from gexf.xml to just gexf and it opened just fine. But your solution sounds easier. Thank you :)