[FIXED] GEXF format and Gephi

All questions about the GEXF (see http://gexf.net before)
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
netgrm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] GEXF format and Gephi

Post by netgrm » 13 Mar 2012 15:49

Hi there,

I've created three nodes and two edges (one directed, one undirected) within gephi, do some calculations (pagerank ...), and then exported the graph to the GEXF format. I've seen some inconsistencies between the output file and the GEXF format specs:
- defaultedgetype is set to mixed, which does not makes much sense as I understand the aim of this attribute
- the weight property of my edges are set as attvalues while they are declared as attributes of the edge tag in the format specs.
- following the previous point, the weight attribute is not declared in the attributes section of the graph

Despite the lastest point, gephi is able to load my graph back, with some warnings though.

Any comments ? Are the specifications of the GEXF format evolving / not up to date ?

I'm using Gephi 0.8b

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GEXF format and Gephi

Post by admin » 13 Mar 2012 15:57

Hi,

Can you share the file here please?

netgrm

Post by netgrm » 13 Mar 2012 16:32

Sure, attached the GEXF and it's GraphML counterpart.

GraphML is here to point another small inconsistency: the edge weights are supposed to be of float type, but are written as double in the graphml output file.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
graph.graphml
(1.95KiB)Downloaded 664 times
graph.gexf
(2.25KiB)Downloaded 721 times

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 28 Mar 2012 22:31

Thanks for your feedback, I opened an issue. Gephi GEXF exporter does not follow GEXF 1.2draft specifications.