Python bindings & VIZ module

General support of the libgexf dynamic library.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mhermans
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Python bindings & VIZ module

Post by mhermans » 17 May 2010 19:34

I'm trying to get into the python bindings for libgexf, and I'm having two issues atm.

First, using data.setNodeValue('1', '0' '2') does not work, it expects 4 arguments. If I use a fourth blank arguments it seems to behave. How do I call this function correctly?

Second, I can't figure out how to set the attributes in the VIZ module (e.g. size). Are these not supported?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Python bindings & VIZ module

Post by admin » 17 May 2010 22:17

Hi,
First, using data.setNodeValue('1', '0' '2') does not work, it expects 4 arguments. If I use a fourth blank arguments it seems to behave. How do I call this function correctly?
Which versions of libgexf and Python do you use?

In Python there is always the "self" argument taken into account. So this method has 4 arguments: data.setNodeValue(self, '1', '0', '2'). Therefore I'll check the bindings tomorrow.
Second, I can't figure out how to set the attributes in the VIZ module (e.g. size). Are these not supported?
They are not.

mhermans

Re: Python bindings & VIZ module

Post by mhermans » 17 May 2010 22:39

admin wrote:Which versions of libgexf and Python do you use?
Python 2.6 and libgexf 0.1.2 from source.
admin wrote:In Python there is always the "self" argument ...
I see. Did not expect that, but I have no experience with SWIG...